The epoxy coating can be your best bet when it comes to residential flooring because you will receive many benefits after installing it. For the uninitiated, this flooring type consists of epoxide resin, polyamine hardener, and other additives combined together to provide your floor with remarkable qualities and distinct attributes. The coating process entails sealing and curing the surfaces, which then forms a firm bond on your floor. For this reason, expect to have durable and stable flooring on your residential property, though there’s still more to this than what you might expect!
In this article, we will share five remarkable benefits of epoxy coating for your residential flooring:
1. Visual appeal
There is nothing more visually appealing than an epoxy polished concrete floor. Whether installed on your garage, basement, or living room, this type will kick your floor up a notch. Not only will it give it a shiny surface, but it will also create an elegant, classy look. As the light reflects on the epoxy, it creates a new dimension in your space. Ultimately, various design and color options are available for you, where you can choose something best suited for your residential flooring.
2. Resistance features
In terms of functionality, the epoxy coating is notable for its resistance features, especially against the following factors:
- Shock: It is resistant to heavy impact on the floor, which makes it tough and durable. Whether heavy items fall on the floor or it experiences constant, high traffic, it isn’t subject to wear and tear.
- Heat: It is resistant to certain levels of heat. In fact, its typical heat limit is 200 degrees Fahrenheit, but a higher grade can even surpass it. For this reason, it’s best installed on your kitchen floor due to constant cooking, or on the garage floor with a heating car engine.
- Chemical: It doesn’t easily and quickly get impacted by chemicals, whether coming from vehicles in your garage or by food preparation in your kitchen.
- Water: It isn’t susceptible to water damage due to its firm and stable bond. As it isn’t porous, the water spill doesn’t seep in and will simply slip away when cleaned.
3. Strength, durability, and longevity
Epoxy coating floor is expected to last for as long as possible because of the following attributes:
- Strength: As mentioned, it can withstand impacts and shocks and endure constant traffic and other elements.
- Durability: As epoxy is a sealant meant to protect concrete floors, you can guarantee its durable features. It also doesn’t easily get damaged or worn out over time due to its material protection.
- Longevity: Due to its overall strength and durability, expect your floor to last longer than usual. As a result, there’s no need to replace it regularly because it can endure the test of time.
What’s great about epoxy coating is that it is an affordable option. In fact, it will cost you less than other flooring types in the market. Yet despite its affordability, you can count on its quality materials. Given all the other benefits discussed above, it is fair to say that the epoxy coating is indeed a cost-effective option for your flooring at home!
At this point, we’ve covered the five notable benefits of epoxy coating for your residential flooring—aesthetic value, resistance features, strength, durability, and longevity, and cost-effectivity. With its aesthetic and functional values, you have all the right reasons to install epoxy coating for your residential floors.
Are you looking to take advantage of epoxy flooring? We’ve got you covered, as we provide polished concrete services in Phoenix, Arizona, whether for residential or commercial floors. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help!